Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Rainbow Pony Party


My little girl turned one last week so I thought I'd share some pictures from her party.
I think everyone needs a hutch :) I decorated it with balloons and a tulle tutu she can wear around the house for dress up. The framed number 1 is made out of buttons and a repurposed frame.
Heart banners cut from felt and sewn together. This is the next day so they were a little floppy, but even then, they're pretty cute. I am reusing them for Valentine's day too :)

Easy centerpiece with jelly bellies and tissue paper in rainbow colors
The Spread. The framed ribbon cake was fun to make. I painted a frame and mat ivory, then covered the mat in glitter. Then I just used scrapbook paper, buttons and scrap ribbon to make the cake. I think I am going to sew a cute backdrop and tablecloth for my next party so it brings out the decorations more.
Carrying the pony theme, I called the drink station the Trough

Pulled Pork, AKA Three Little Pig Sandwiches (anything pony related would be disastrous)
Spinach salad with grape tomatoes, grated carrots, hard boiled eggs, peas, purple onions, and white cucumbers. I just couldn't think of anything that was blue that would be good in a salad to complete the rainbow theme. Maybe bleu cheese?


Every good pony needs these.
The fruit was supposed to be on skewers. I didn't get that far.
Neapolitan ice cream scooped into a muffin tin, topped with hot fudge, a cherry and whipped cream. I loved not having to scoop ice cream during the party.
Taste the Rainbow {cake}




Jane's little smash cupcake (with rainbow layers too)

I really had no budget for the party, so I had to get creative and make the decorations from things I had on hand. It was a fun challenge. Thanks for letting me share!




Don't forget to check out the "Party Central" tab to see what parties we love linking up to every week!

2 comments:

  1. This is so stinkin cute. I love the icecream in muffin tins, pre-scooped! I'm glad you didn't have to go buy those cups from pier one after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it get ANY cuter? I think not. So pretty, I love it!

    Did you starch your felt heart banners? If not, you can heavy starch them to get them to be more rigid :)

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think. We love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...