Friday, December 3, 2010

The things some people will put in the trash...

A few weeks ago I got an awesome voicemail. My friend Kristen called, and she said, "Hey Lindy--I was driving down the road and I saw this old door in the trash. I thought you might want it..."

Wooohooo!!! I was soooo excited. This was a Sunday afternoon, and Cory had just fallen asleep. I was sure that the possibility of obtaining an awesome old trash door would wake him up with no problem....for some reason the news didn't fill him with the same rush of adrenalin that coursed through my entire body. Needless to say, I set off on Mission Retrieve Trash Door all by self.

About 5 minutes later, target located, loaded into the back of my car, and safely arrived in our guest/study/craft room. 



I basically told every person I know about it. Once they got over the confusion about why I was picking stuff up out of other people's trash, they always asked, "So, what are you going to do with it?"

My answer, "I could make a corner shelf, or a head board, or a towel rack, or just prop it up behind some stuff....What do you think?"

All of these awesome ideas!!! Unfortunately, we already have a headboard. And we don't have a place for a corner shelf. And we only use two towels, and they already have a rack...

Buuuuut...I have this problem.  I like shoes. A lot. My friend Lara gave me a handy little contraption to help with this, and it really saves the closet floor space:

Trouble is, this is the only door we can put it on in our house. And it makes it so the door to the room only opens up half way.

So far its been a minor inconvenience, and we've put up with it. But now that we actually do have a spare door, we think we might combine the two.

So, what do you think? Should I hold out for something awesomely creative to do with our trash door, or regain full use of the door to the 2nd bedroom? 

Lindy

Linking up to Look What I Found Friday @ Vintage Revivals, and Finding Fabulous.

3 comments:

  1. My thought is, you won't be living there forever so go ahead and use the door as a temporary shoe holder and then make something nifty when you get somewhere with better space! :) I'm sure you'll be shifting things around a lot in your first few years of marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do It DO It!! I am so jealous of your door. Please tell your friend next time she sees something awesome to call me too. Mmmmkay?

    Love your guts
    mandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have similar door and I put up pictures held up with small ceramic (not-so-strong)magnets on the back and strong (neodynium) decorated magnet on the front. I can change out pics whenever, put the pics on the front or behind the glass, dress up the pics with decorated magnets... fun!

    ReplyDelete

Let us know what you think. We love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...