Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Super tasty spinach bowtie salad

I get to make this salad for a bridal shower brunch. It is super tasty and healthy to boot! I couldn't find my usual recipe, so I googled it and found this variation which I edited to make my own. I haven't tried the craisins yet, but I am going to add them this Saturday. I also am making a not-so-healthy cake, and I'll post about that later to describe some basic cake decorating techniques. This salad is great for a quick, well-rounded dinner too!

Spinach Bowtie Salad

16 oz. Bowtie pasta, cooked and cooled (I use whole wheat)
1 bag of fresh baby Spinach
2 small cans Mandarin Oranges
1 cup Craisins
1 bunch Green Onions, chopped
1 cup Honey Roasted Peanuts or Cashews
1/4 cup Sesame Seeds, toasted (optional)
2 cups torn cooked Chicken (optional) (I personally like shrimp in this salad better)

Dressing:
1 cup Vegetable Oil
2/3 cup Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
2/3 C. Teriyaki Sauce
5 Tbs. Sugar

Cook bowtie pasta according to directions, drain and cool while whisking the dressing together in a large bowl. Marinate cooked bowtie pasta in the dressing for 1 hour or longer in the fridge. Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl and pour the teriyaki sauce and pasta over the salad, toss together and serve. If it's just a few of you, make individual salad servings; keeping the salad and bowtie sauce separate for the rest of the week (no one likes a soggy salad).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think. We love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...